SERVPRO of Northwest Albuquerque - Here To Help!
If you’ve ever had a disaster in your home or business, I’m sure you can agree that knowing who to call in that moment, is a challenge. With so many restoration and clean up companies you might wonder who is the best to call, whether it was flooding, water, fire, mold damage, maybe you found some sort of infestation in your attic, or you’re in need of our proactive cleaning services. Rest assured that when you call SERVPRO, you are calling upon a company with, over 38 years of experience, highly trained certified technicians, 24-hour emergency service, locally owned and operated, and the #1 trusted leader in the restoration industry.
Here at SERVPRO of Northwest Albuquerque, we hold our customers at the top of our priority list, 24/7.
As soon as you contact us you’ll notice our team, is sure to handle every claim with the utmost care and professionalism. You’re not just another job for us to complete. We understand how devastating it can be to endure such a disruption, it can be a very stressful time and our job is to make it as painless and time efficient as possible. We are Here To Help you return to normalcy.
Holiday Lighting Safety Precautions
Safe Holiday Lighting
The holiday season is such a magical time, and with the season also comes added risk. Holiday lighting is subject to be a real fire risk if not used with precaution. Let's be sure we deck the halls safely!
- Always check each set of lights for worn, broken or cracked, cords/sockets. Also check for any loose bulbs and replace any damaged lights.
- Be sure the lights you are using are rated for indoor use and tested for safety. Check for the label of an independent testing lab like Underwriters' Laboratory (UL)
- Never put lights on a metallic Christmas tree in order to avoid the risk of electric shock.
- Turn off all Christmas lights and decorations when going to bed or leaving home.
- Make sure your electric cords and tree lights are protected to keep pets safe from chewing them.
- Be sure the outdoor lights are rated for exterior use by an independent testing lab as mentioned prior.
- Always secure the lights to trees, houses, walls, or other firm support to protect from wind damage.(However please do not attach with nails or staples as they can easily cut through the protective wire insulation and start a fire.)
- Take exterior lights down within 90 days to prevent weather damage hazards or little critters chewing the wires.
- Ensure you store the lights safely after taking them down. When lights get tangled it can lead to damaged cords and broken sockets(and they're a pain to untangle!) You can wrap the strings around an appropriate sized cardboard piece, cover them in paper or fabric, and carefully place them in a sturdy container until your next use.
- NEVER use real candles to decorate a tree. Battery-operated/flameless/LED candles are recommended instead.
- If using real candles for decorating, please follow these candle fire safety guidelines:
- Keep candles away from any flammable objects like decorations or drapes.
- NEVER burn candles near trees or greenery.
- Always keep burning candles within sight.
- Place candles where they cannot be knocked down or blown over.
- Only use non-flammable candle holders.
- Extinguish ALL candles before going to bed, leaving the room, or leaving your home.
Contact SERVPRO of Northwest Albuquerque
At SERVPRO of Northwest Albuquerque, we are wishing you and yours a wonderfully safe holiday! Should you need us, we are here to help mitigate property damage 24/7.
Call us at, 505-503-8627
Commercial Water Damage
'19 Drying carpet tiles at Jefferson Middle School.
SERVPRO of Northwest Albuquerque received a call-in regard to a school that had a water damage a week before school was scheduled to start. The roof was in the process of getting fixed when a rainstorm hit the Albuquerque area. After arriving on site, we discovered that the job was quite big, and we had little equipment left due to the amount of water jobs that we had received from the storm event. We reached out to the Storm Event team to rent a truck of equipment.
After our inspection we had discovered the computer room was 100% saturated. The roofing company explained to us that they wanted to try and salvage the carpet. We pulled the carpet and placed the carpet tiles on the floor in the unaffected areas of the school to help dry down the carpet tiles as quickly as possible.
We were able to get the affected rooms dried down and get everything set back up just in time for school to start.
SERVPRO of Northwest Albuquerque is always here to help, call us 24/7, 505-503-8627
We Are Cleaning Experts!
SERVPRO is Here to Help during this time of need
During this unprecedented time caused by the global pandemic of coronavirus, this is a reminder to our customers that we are specialists in cleaning services, and we adhere to the highest cleaning and sanitation standards.
We are prepared to clean and disinfect your home or business, according to protocols set forth by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. We have years of experience in dealing with biological contaminants, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform on a daily basis.
The CDC encourages cleaning of high-touch surfaces such as counters, tabletops, doorknobs, light switches, bathroom fixtures, toilets, phones, keyboards, tablets and tables. Other spaces mentioned in the CDC’s guidance for commercial spaces include:
Carpets and Rugs
The CDC recommends usage of a labeled hospital-grade disinfectant with claims against similar pathogens to the coronavirus. Multiple products in the SERVPRO product line carry the EPA-approved emerging pathogens claims. While there is currently no product tested against this particular strain of the coronavirus, we are following all guidelines as provided by the CDC and local authorities.
Call Today for a Proactive Cleaning
If your home or business needs deep cleaning services, call the experts today!
SERVPRO of Northwest Albuquerque
How to Prevent Freezing Pipes While You’re Gone.
Frozen water pipes? Call, 505-503-8627
Did you know water pipe damage is one of the most common home damage claims?
Water pipes are more susceptible to freeze easily, especially when you have not been around to keep them going. Nobody really knows when they will be expecting a pipe damage therefore it is best to be prepared. If you are leaving home for a couple of days, there are a few things you can do to prevent pipe freezing.
These are a couple good tips to keep in mind before you head out:
- Keep cabinets open where there are pipes exposed because warmer air flows through.
- Leave the faucet running with just a drip so that it keeps pipes clear of still water.
- Leave thermostat at a set temperature(50° minimum,) if not gone for too long.
- If you are leaving for more than a week, you can add insulation to where the pipes are located and/or you can add heating tape around the pipes.
- Make sure any hoses are disconnected from outside to prevent bursting.
- Make sure your garage door is closed so that is stays warm.
- Be aware of is making sure small cracks and holes are covered so that cold airflow doesn’t flow through.
Lastly, it is important that you and any other household members know where the main shut off valve is located and learn how to turn it off in case of emergency.
If you or someone you know are in need of help with pipe damage, we are here to help 24/7 please call us, 505-503-8627.
Safety Precautions: Smoke Alarms
Check your smoke alarms.
Every home should at least have one working smoke alarm in every sleeping room and every level. Smoke alarms are a great way to prevent a tragic incident within seconds!
A smoke alarm is a detector the detects smoke in the room and makes an extremely loud noise to warn the person there is a sign of smoke and attention is needed. This is great in case you are asleep or have a child sleeping in the other room.
- Test all smoke alarms at least once a month.
- Smoke alarms should be either on the ceiling or high on the wall. (Large homes may need extra alarms)
- People who are hard of hearing or deaf can use special smoke alarms with either strobe lights or bed shakers rather than an alarming noise.
- Smoke alarms are an important part of a home fire escape plan.
We Got You Covered!
Walls getting dried out.
SERVPRO of Northwest Albuquerque received a call shortly after a rain storm from a panicked customer who believed there was a leak coming from the roof. Our technicians were quick to get to the job so that no further damage was done. Upon arrival our technicians were able to see that there was in fact a leak coming from the roof. The picture shows the after math of removing the roof to that we can dry up the wet walls and to make sure the leak gets taken care of so that in the future our customer does not have to worry about leaks during a rain storm. After the walls were dried our technicians were able to get it covered up and back to normal. We made sure this was a painless process for our customer.
Don't Worry, We Got It!
Ceiling removed for drying process
There is no way that one can be prepared for disaster 100 percent of the time, that's why SERVPRO of Northwest Albuquerque is a 24/7 service. When you need us we will be there. We received a call about a leak going through the roof after a snow storm started melting. Snow storms are pretty common in New Mexico but it is still difficult to be prepared at all times. The picture shows how the roof had to be opened up to fix the leak and dry up the walls. Our technicians are experts at what they do therefore no job is too small or too little for them to handle. Our customers are our priority and making sure their things are in good conditions after a tragedy.
WE ARE HERE TO HELP.
Water leaking through the ceiling.
After a unexpected snow storm hit Albuquerque, New Mexico many people in the city were excited to see the snow but as many as you know, New Mexico has some crazy weather conditions. After a few days, once the snow had melted, SERVPRO of Northwest Albuquerque received a call about a customer who noticed some water damage on the a side of his roof through inside. It seemed like there was a leak after the snow melted. After SERVPRO of Northwest Albuquerque was able to track down from where the water leak was coming from and get it fixed up. Our team was also able to make sure that the ceiling looked as good as new after we were able to identify where the damage was coming from. We strive to make it as seamless for our customers.
Let us take care of it for you!
The wall being taken apart to dry what is wet.
It hard to predict when disaster can happen. With that being said, it is always a good idea to have a back up plan OR you can always give SERVPRO of Northwest Albuquerque a call to take care of it for you. We are always ready to help, even if it is a few days after a storm and tragedy doesn't happen until after. After a few days past a rainstorm our customer gave us a call explaining that there was some water leaking through his roof in the garage and since he is not often in the garage he was unaware of how long it had been sitting there as is. SERVPRO of Northwest Albuquerque is always ready to help and make sure things are back to normal for our customer.